суббота, 27 сентября 2014 г.

Cinnamon Beef Noodles

All You Need to Know About Asian Noodles (Part 1)








Описание:

For their pasta issue, the newly revived Gourmet, which you can read at Gourmet.com and on a GourmetLive App asked me to write about my favorite Asian noodles and I was thrilled! One of my favorite dishes from my student days living in Taiwan many years ago was Cinnamon Beef Noodles and it became my surefire remedy to chase away homesickness. (BTW, there is a newly updated and GREAT recipe for Cinnamon Beef Noodles in my new book, Simple Asian Meals).
Later, when I wrote book Asian Noodles, I became an Asian noodle-holic and I spent about four years traveling all over Asia for my research. I spent even more time in Japan because I became addicted to soba and udon.

I decided it would be particularly useful to do an accompanying video and the topic is so popular that I couldn't resist reposting the video with a variety of Asian noodle recipes.
You'll Need:

5 cups water
1 1/2 cups rice wine or sake
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cinnamon sticks
1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
4 cups hot cooked wide noodles or vermicelli
(about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)

Procedures : Combine water, rice wine, soy sauce and sugar in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.

Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half the beef, browning on all sides. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and beef.

Return beef to pan; add water mixture, onions, garlic, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours.

Discard ginger slices and cinnamon. Stir in spinach; cook 3 minutes or until wilted. Serve over noodles.

Yields 8 servings

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий