суббота, 27 сентября 2014 г.

Pea Salad with Cheese

Green Pea Salad with Goat Cheese








Комментарии:

Hilah Cooking пишет: Parmesan or ricotta salata would be great!

LucyLynette пишет: I was thinking of trying this with seeded cucumber in lieu of the celery.

SeaOfTranquility1 пишет: Just what I need.

DJCRooK3D пишет: @hilahcooking Yup! I speak the Queen's English, but I just speak it bad :-P

Hilah Cooking пишет: Aw, boo. Totally spring here, but we never really have winter, either. Just 10-month summers and 2 months of nice.

Ka Vang пишет: "You eat with your eyes first...that goes for people, too!" hahahahahaha

thesurfr пишет: First time I had goat cheese was at a fancy gathering. I put it in my mouth and then realized I had to get this gross was out fast so I ran outside and spewed it all over the sidewalk in front of all the smokers that went outside to smoke...not for me

Eat East Indian пишет: Black looks great on you Hilah..love your take on classic Pea salad...Yes it looks gorgeous!

Z Soufflé пишет: Hilah can I used feta cheese?

Hilah Cooking пишет: Lucky for me, cankle-cancer does not run in my family. ;)

Hilah Cooking пишет: Ha! naw, they were very healthy, they just lay around in weird positions.

ProjectRANT пишет: Gurl your hair so long you could be rapunzel.

Lee пишет: This tutorial makes me want to try goat cheese. Have you ever tried barbecued goat meat?

Hilah Cooking пишет: I know! Way longer than when I worked with y'all! Rantin and ravin...

Ariyele Ressler пишет: yum! i'd add some wedges of fresh grapefruit (since it's winter and in season) to add pink-ness and citrus love instead of the lemon.

sidenote: for the first episode i ever shot i did a pea salad with goat feta and grapefruit. but that was when the camera was on a slant in the corner from being on the counter and i used this odd zoolander voice the whole time due to nerves.

Hilah Cooking пишет: green onions!

RecipeWars пишет: blood orange would be amazing!

Glenn Swafford пишет: hahaha,what a great vid,I have always hated pees as a kid ,haven`t tried them @ 54 yrs old,I know don`t say it,I will but goat chees ,yep have not either,looks like Im going to Findly Market in Cincinnati,rough neighborhood,but this country boy likes great food wish me luck.

The Divine Hostess пишет: I think trader joe's has minted peas. Maybe I can cheat and use those for this recipe! Looks good

Grandma CheapCheap пишет: This looks good. Me and Mister need to eat light and this fills the bill. Thanks Grandkid....

Hilah Cooking пишет: Thanks! Hope you try it. It's really delightful. :)

Hilah Cooking пишет: That was me the first time I ate a raw oyster. I was like 6. It was gross.

Piimik пишет: I like any kind of cheese ._. some in moderate amounts...others, like Brie I can just eat rolls of it without stopping

BigMeat Sunday пишет: Looks like a nice fresh flavor for sure! Love goat cheese! that line at the beginning was classic, and very true. I don't see how people can not like peas, they are like little packages of awesome! as always, looks great , Cheers!

lovaglioangela1950 пишет: No

Hilah Cooking пишет: I still don't know if that was a cannibalism joke or a sex joke.... ;)

Diego Gallegos пишет: Best. Hair. EVER. You look lovely! :)

(The salad looks delish, too!)

Hilah Cooking пишет: you say "herb"? :)

Hilah Cooking пишет: Thank you Markus! Hope you try this. :)

practicalmagic9 пишет: It was raw, I believe.A friend had a small dairy operation out in Eatonville, and I am pretty sure she had nubians?It was best the first day.By day three in my fridge it tasted like dirty goat hair.I have often wondered if it was a cleanliness issue.I DO love the cheeses, though.I should try pasturized goat milk sometime and give it a shot.Did you film the visit to the farm, btw?That would be interesting!

TimmyFellDownTheWell пишет: i'm not a fan of peas or goat cheese but for some reason, this looks freakin delicious ;P

alexandratree пишет: Could you use feta cheese?

grassburner пишет: That's really good news Hilah, but my family is ridden with C.C..- I've lost so many family members the last few years to this horrible disease. And all of them were habitual "Pea-Poppers". In fact my Grandma had to have her cancerous-cankles removed last year. And we were all praying it wouldn't come back. But she kept on popping-peas when we weren't around. And well she left us a month ago. So we buried Grammy-Grams with her pea-green stained dentures & her favorite Jolly-Green-Giant T-shirt!

edenbainbridge пишет: well today is my sons birthday and i was looking for recipes for his dinner, i do not think this will make the menu for tonight. but believe you me this will be on our table with in a week. though the local goat milk/cheese lady is having issues with production :(
her girls are being finicky.
xoexo

Hilah Cooking пишет: I love them! thanks!

Hilah Cooking пишет: Sorry. fixed now!

James Martin пишет: Oh neeeeaaat. My infant niece's favorite food is peas, so I love trying new twists on them. Sesame peas, mint peas, etc etc. Let's see how she likes them this way.

zaid rahman пишет: oh damn, you made a video of meatballs already. damn me.

blendedchaitea пишет: "Springtime salad"

View out window: *overcast* *icy* *dingy*

Aw.

zaid rahman пишет: Hilah, make some crazy awesome meatballs will ya?

Hilah Cooking пишет: It's pretty easy as long as you remember to water it. That's always my downfall in the hot summer months.

DJCRooK3D пишет: I just LOVE the way you say " 'erb " :-)

Hilah Cooking пишет: Ha! :)

YazanBird пишет: 1sttttttttttt yaay

photino101photog пишет: Looking good! and the salad looks great too.

Cook Taste Eat пишет: Love how green this salad is! Gorgeous!

Diego Gallegos пишет: Is there a similarity in taste between feta cheese & goat cheese? I'm asking because I've never had goat cheese, I love feta, and because it's a little hard to find down here, but feta is pretty readily available. TANX, pretty lady!

stm91 пишет: She somehow looks a lot younger in this video

phil vara пишет: Ur just really hot ;)

1drazmus пишет: It took me a minute to realize that "...shoot some things." was with a camera not a gun. lol

tinsnips and scissors пишет: I made this to go with roasted cauliflower/zucchini/cheddar soup for dinner tonight.... Holycrapitssogood!!!!

Hilah Cooking пишет: Hope you do! We loved it.

Hilah Cooking пишет: Aw, well, you can't rush the poor dears. ;) Almost all the girls we met were pregnant so maybe your supplier is dealing with baby goats now, too. xo

Makingnewnamesisdumb пишет: Adam Carolla is going to be pissed.

Hilah Cooking пишет: Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

TheHotPlate1 пишет: This is such a great fresh and simple salad! I am sure it is delish! Thanks for the recipe!

xo @TheHotPlate1

Hiwot Balemlay пишет: me and my cuz were watchng this and she was in love with it!


Hilah Cooking пишет: I learned it's dependent on the type of goat! Some goats have a stronger-tasting milk than others. The ones at Blue Heron are Nubian goats and their milk tastes almost as mild as cow's milk. Like all cheeses, the bacteria used to culture it plays a big part in the flavor, too. Were you drinking raw or pasteurized goat milk?

Hilah Cooking пишет: That would be great I bet!

Lillskank пишет: One can never have too many good salad recipes.

Hilah Cooking пишет: you should! It's good. Yes, barbecued goat is popular in Texas. Cabrito!

BarbecueTricks пишет: Love peas... goat cheese not so much... might try a non goaty feta. fun stuff!

Z Soufflé пишет: Use*

Paul Decker пишет: That looks delicious! I need to try this!

Hilah Cooking пишет: Not in my opinion, but you can add some if you want.

Hilah Cooking пишет: Agreed!

lovaglioangela1950 пишет: Brutto

Hilah Cooking пишет: It's okay! I can make some other kindsa meatballz. :)

Stefan Brough пишет: :) ... cheers!

Jonathan Jackson пишет: your gorgeous!!!

Hilah Cooking пишет: Bahaha! :D

Hilah Cooking пишет: I just saw some "crumbled" goat cheese at the grocery store today. Any goat cheese that is very cold should crumble a little, though.

Fluxie пишет: As always, great video and recipe <3

Hilah Cooking пишет: It's remarkably good. You could use some of your part-skim mozz and be healthy or some shit. ;)

grassburner пишет: Hilah, I've heard that too much Pea Popping will increase your risk of developing Cankle-Cancer later on in life.

Hilah Cooking пишет: Yes! That would be great.

Hilah Cooking пишет: feta, ricotta salata, or parmesan

Christopher Sharpe пишет: Goats!


Hilah Cooking пишет: Yep, we have been working on that, too. xoxo

practicalmagic9 пишет: When it comes to goat milk products and byproducts, I sense it's about freshness?Goat milk, specifically, takes on an aroma/taste like goat hair?So with cheese, does it get stronger the longer it sits?If you don't know, that's fine.I just wondered if your tour of the goat place addressed that.It would be nice to know(My only reference was a son of mine had difficulty drinking cow milk so we served him goat milk.I noticed fresher was WAY better.It often tasted like goats smell if it sat 3 days.

JustKWN пишет: Love this tut!!!:) probably bc I love peas.. anywho I live in TEXAS too! and ur sooo right abt the winter season, it's not really cold, just nice

Jim Cyr пишет: oh man, this is defenitely going on my list. Just need to find goat cheese, there are lots of producers in the area, but have not seen the crumble one like you used. Of course, I wasn't looking that closely.

Stefan Brough пишет: Looks damn good! Any suggestions for an alternative to celery?

craftylady33160 пишет: The link at the bottom of the video does not work - can't get the full recipe.

Ana Maria Malpartida пишет: no olive oil needed?


FitAnge S пишет: Hilah you rock! That looks scrumptious girl. Thanks for sharing. Can you make some more tex mex food, I love to learn how to cook some. Thanks again Hun

Francine Washington пишет: it looks so g0od thanks for sharing .... by the way .... I laughed at the beginning of the vid cuz it sounded like you said Hi idiots lol

Hilah Cooking пишет: Oops, missed this one. They are both usually salty. Some goat cheeses are very mild and others are "gamey" tasting. Use feta! It will be good!

MrKirby365 пишет: I love the idea of a lighter green pea salad lets face it the alternative is not so great(healthy), but I can't stand goat cheese. I wanted to like it so much but the awkward tangy-ness in conjunction with the weird way it dries out my mouth so badly; It is just a bummer. I think I would like to try this with a little caramelized onion and maybe parmesan cheese... thoughts?

tntownsend96 пишет: Looks so good, perfect for summer too! I've never had the other pea salad, mostly bc the ones I've seen don't look yummy, but I will have to try some if I run into some again. Here is Denver, they don't do food like that, but next time I'm in TX I'll hunt some down!

Twostones00 пишет: Looks tastey. Yum! Be careful you dont drop a pea in that cleavage Hilah.

Nika Deks пишет: Incredibly delicious, beautiful and healthy!

JoMaVEX пишет: This salad looks nice.
I frequently watch your show. Its always fun to watch.
Regards, Markus

RecipeWars пишет: our director is completely terrified of goats (and everyone else thinks that's pretty funny) but even she thinks this salad looks awesome!

Hilah Cooking пишет: Any luck? :)

Canadaheather пишет: Yummy :) you have inspired me to grow some mint. :)

Sam Pickles пишет: Hilah youre hotter than a hot tamale.

Glenn Swafford пишет: Na,the place was wall to wall bodys,we didnt stay long.

TimmyFellDownTheWell пишет: girl, i will do that ;P

Hilah Cooking пишет: Parmesan or ricotta salata would be great!
You'll Need:

8 eggs
8 slices bacon
2 heads romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
16 ounce package frozen green peas
2 cups mayonnaise
1/8 cup skim milk
3 tbsp white sugar
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Procedures : Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil for one minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. Peel. Slice egg with an egg slicer, or just crumble.
Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned.
Spread Romaine lettuce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer crumbled bacon, thawed peas, and eggs over the lettuce.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, milk, and sugar until smooth. Pour evenly over salad, and top with cheese. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий