
Queso Recipe - Grandma's Chile con Queso Dip
Описание:
Grandma's queso recipe! A super easy and fast Tex-Mex dip. My grandma made this Texas classic every Christmas eve. Goes great with hangovers, too!
HILAH COOKING: New Episodes Every Tuesday and Thursday!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Subscribe on YouTube (never miss a video!) http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/hilahcooking
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hilahcooking
Check out over 200 video recipes at http://hilahcooking.com
- - - - - - - - - - -
Hilah Cooking is a short-form, educational web series focused on making cooking FUN! We release two episodes every week. Our focus is on simple, low-cost recipes with a Texas flair. Everything is made from scratch, people! You will not see any packets of taco seasoning mix or gravy powder up in here. If you are going to learn how to cook, you are going to learn it for real! But I promise it will be fun and easy.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Grandma's queso recipe! A super easy and fast Tex-Mex dip. My grandma made this Texas classic every Christmas eve. Goes great with hangovers, too!
HILAH COOKING: New Episodes Every Tuesday and Thursday!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Subscribe on YouTube (never miss a video!) http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/hilahcooking
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hilahcooking
Check out over 200 video recipes at http://hilahcooking.com
- - - - - - - - - - -
Hilah Cooking is a short-form, educational web series focused on making cooking FUN! We release two episodes every week. Our focus is on simple, low-cost recipes with a Texas flair. Everything is made from scratch, people! You will not see any packets of taco seasoning mix or gravy powder up in here. If you are going to learn how to cook, you are going to learn it for real! But I promise it will be fun and easy.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Комментарии:
loola13 пишет: It's cheese plus some chemicals and colour. It melts better and isn't as stringy as normal melted cheese. I think the slices that you mean are a little different. But you can buy ordinary cheese and add some buttermilk or milk, so it is runny enough. My mom does that with her fondue, it works.
BigMeat Sunday пишет: Yep the robot was .... well just keep pumping out the killer recipes and we'll just concentrate on those :-)
FluffyIronGolems пишет: Mexican for life, texan... Till i move out
Rusty Robinson пишет: And then you chomp it.You just chomp it dudes! \r
Best wishes from Columbus Ohio Rusty Robinson
Hilah Cooking пишет: YUM! Fried eggs in bacon fat. Srsly good stuff. :)
xbellabrittanyx пишет: Are you hispanic, you described a hispanic meal?
Mims Lang пишет: I love cheese but (or because of that) I don't want to eat processed american cheese Ö__Ö
Erich R. Lehmann пишет: Awesome! My whole family loves your show. Keep up the great work, and thanks for responding!
EmyLou74 пишет: I'm from Texas and I use the same recipe (only I add jalapeno and cook them with the onions). That queso looks soooo good! Love your channel!
AYB7210 пишет: Hilah, chile con queso means,' chile with cheese' in spanish!! :)
Melly Mels пишет: Oooooh hell yes! This would be better than sex :D
Addie пишет: Yay queso!! I stir a splash of milk into mine - helps it to not thicken up and skin-over too quickly.
MsPinkiepie23 пишет: Oooo looks good
MamaKatTV пишет: I was recently scolded on a trip to Texas when I said I didn't know what queso was. Everyone at the table literally gasped. Man...you don't mess with Texans and their queso!
Colleen Antoine пишет: Your cooking channel is the best one on YouTube, if I do say so myself. You're so funny and cute and you're just great at everything you do, you're my fav.
OJ MAYO пишет: soooo hungry now LOL good video Hilah ur awesome
Hilah Cooking пишет: Thank you, Colleen! :)
Kelly Chan пишет: @hilahcooking holy crap ! good to know! I have heard everyone saying tinned tomatoes are fresh and good to use. I will try to avoid acidic tinned food. Thanks Hilah, have a lovely Easter.
Hilah Cooking пишет: It's just the fat left after cooking bacon and I pour it into a jar that I keep in the fridge. :)
linda morales пишет: Nacho cheese dip...hmmm
Dreaming4EverAfter пишет: I'm kinda obsessed with you! But don't be alarmed I'm harmless and live on the other side of the country! haha
Earendilgrey пишет: I love this stuff. We add sausage to ours and i could eat this stuff all day, though the next day probably wouldnt go so well for me.
rainandsnowandsorrow пишет: i miss the old music you had in the beginning of your videos hilah :*(
Andrew Garcia пишет: I love this queso, we used to make it all the time too (minus the onions)! \r
A skillet? That's fancy! My dad just popped the velveeta in the microwave cause we're the laziest!
Hilah Cooking пишет: I totally use the microwave most of the time. :)
Veroicone пишет: Looks very tasty! My mom makes it but uses rotel, will have to try and make one like this :D Looks delicious.
anmoose пишет: My Grandma always called it oleo. I recall when it came in a bag, and it was pure white (fat) with a dye pack in it. You had to squeeze it around to mix it up and turn it yellow so it looked like butter.
I grew up with Velveeta, and as long as you don't expect it to pretend to be real cheese it's great stuff in its own right, especially in saucy things like this. I have a new just-opened block of it in the fridge as I type, and I'll undoubtedly be forced to make this now. It looks great!
Imadaygoking61904 пишет: Haha you said queso fundillo. That's so funny
Hilah Cooking пишет: Oh hell yeah.
Robin D пишет: You're a riot, and the queso looks great. I bet Grandma was a real sweetheart.
Doberzinecker пишет: What kind of Cheese is that? =)
R6bbie пишет: Love the story, hate that (so called) cheese stuff... :)
castrellakate пишет: I wish I could put my hands into the screen and grab some chips and dip it in that queso...
trinity7791 пишет: lol texans are so patriotic
RealistLadyLover пишет: Made this last night orale sooogood
Andrew Dickinson пишет: There is a rotel commercial now with this similar recipe
averagebetty пишет: God bless Hilah, processed American cheese food and Grandma!! xoxo
inxsbeautifulgirl пишет: Interesting! Anyway, did anybody tell you that you look alike Gwyneth Paltrow?
imarce5 пишет: Mmm freakin awesome!!
tsaketh пишет: When I lived in Europe I did most of my shopping on base. But I'm pretty sure I remember grocery stores throughout Germany selling Velveeta which is the same stuff.
Punkfunkster пишет: You get bacon fat by cooking bacon and pouring the grease into a jar and saving it...
Hilah Cooking пишет: HAHAHA!
Divine_Pryde28 пишет: For your crock pot if you put an oven bag (like for a turkey) in it then the cheese in the bag, clean up would be a BREEZE and it would be easy to store too.
Just a suggestion :)
Great recipe and thanks for sharing!! :)
amorithelnania пишет: I love how you talk about your grandma!
Hilah Cooking пишет: I remember my great-grandma telling me about the dyed oleo! Fleishmans was my grandma's oleo of choice. :)
And yeah, I totally agree about velveeta. It's nothing like actual cheese, but it's good in its own salty way.
Lindsey Pleasant пишет: Looks delicious
leakymeaky пишет: I totally love tamales..but do not know how to make them. Maybe you can help me with that, even if it's not really tamale season. Take care y'all.
Veronika McDonald King пишет: Yay for more grandma recipes. Were you channeling Amanda Palmer's Map of Tasmania at the end?
Hilah Cooking пишет: Great tip!
Kelly Chan пишет: Hilah, I have heard you saying that you are staying away from canned food. May I know why? I am really into health and I don't really know that reason why canned food is not good? Thanks
ralbury1 пишет: Love you and your grandma's take on a Texas classic. Sometimes I'll stir in Jimmy Deans spicy sausage if I wanna be really bad. So glad to have found you, I'm a Texan transplanted to Redondo Beach, CA and sometimes I just get really homesick. When that happens, I love to watch your videos.
Hilah Cooking пишет: 6th generation Texan, before that Scottish and English.
HillbillyHut пишет: Excellent. I've made this with just velvetta and a can of rotel in the microwave but this looks much better than mine. Thanks
Hilah Cooking пишет: Great question! That's true about salt, but between the bacon fat and the salty Velveeta, more salt isn't needed. Thanks!
Just, Ricky! пишет: Eating all that cheese I bet you were blocked up for a week.......
Hilah Cooking пишет: You're right! It's totally like that! :)
Monica Watson пишет: This is awesome, I love using my grandma's recipes as well. Great recipe!
Josie Dez пишет: You are hilarious! Great recipes btw :)
A literal cup of queso пишет: I appreciate this video
Jack Roesti пишет: You're Awesome.....
MakeLifeSpecial пишет: I love your channel! Please visit my channel, Make Life Special, and return the sub! I hope you like it! Thank you.
Vickie
berthazarate3 пишет: Yummyyyyy
Hilah Cooking пишет: Ha! Is that so? Grandma didn't mind a few curse words, but I probably naturally try to avoid it. ;)
Nicole S пишет: Just chomp it
Mack Jack пишет: I would love to spend Christmas Eve with your family. Sounds like the Johnsons know how to party! Great recipe!
Rap Rabbit пишет: Excuse me excuse I actually live in texas and I'm actually Mexican you don't use that crappy cheese your "queso" also the title says chile con queso as " queso" is different. Chile con queso has more spices/hotness and is either put on he dish or is on a side order. Like chile con carne
Hilah Cooking пишет: Thank you! :)
Hilah Cooking пишет: It was just weird. We can all agree. :)
Hilah Cooking пишет: Queso is a Tex-Mex staple - very different from Mexican cuisine.
Hilah Cooking пишет: Hi Kelly! The linings on the inside of cans leach Bisphenol-A (the stuff everyone is so worried about in plastic water bottles) into food. Acidic foods like tomatoes get it the worst.
ElsaRhae12 пишет: You used the bacon fat!! I asked you in a recent video what you do with your jar of bacon fat and you responded to me!!! Oh how it made my day. You're so awesome!
Nina Claire пишет: where do you find bacon fat do you have to make it or can you buy it
Jorge Martinez пишет: Pour this queso on your hot dogs yumm.
Hilah Cooking пишет: Errybody needs bacon fat cheese dip! (Not really. ;)
Hilah Cooking пишет: I wish you could, too! Sounds lovely.
LauraVitaleFan пишет: why do you stay away from caned food?
GreekCapGem21 пишет: yum! love you Hilah! Thanks for sharing your g-ma's recipes! :)
Hilah Cooking пишет: I'm thinking I agree. And she would have liked you, too.
Hilah Cooking пишет: Thanks for jumping in to answer, Megan! :)
phetaya tung пишет: Did u get punch
TJ Brister пишет: 3:17 hahahhahhahahaha!!!!!!
Papa Vic пишет: I lust after your Gramma's queso pan!!
Cassandra B пишет: Hilah I might have to blame you if I up and move back to Texas lol, ok a bit extreme for a Velveeta fix. Oh dang...what is the name of that restaurant in Austin (if it's still there)? The original was named after the street it was on and there was another on S Lamar. Anyway, they put a big blob of guac in the middle of their queso and it was yum yum. Really good after a night o partying in Austin for the 24 hour crowd.
Missyplaymate3 пишет: yummy
loola13 пишет: It's cheese plus some chemicals and colour. It melts better and isn't as stringy as normal melted cheese. I think the slices that you mean are a little different. But you can buy ordinary cheese and add some buttermilk or milk, so it is runny enough. My mom does that with her fondue, it works.
BigMeat Sunday пишет: Yep the robot was .... well just keep pumping out the killer recipes and we'll just concentrate on those :-)
FluffyIronGolems пишет: Mexican for life, texan... Till i move out
Rusty Robinson пишет: And then you chomp it.You just chomp it dudes! \r
Best wishes from Columbus Ohio Rusty Robinson
Hilah Cooking пишет: YUM! Fried eggs in bacon fat. Srsly good stuff. :)
xbellabrittanyx пишет: Are you hispanic, you described a hispanic meal?
Mims Lang пишет: I love cheese but (or because of that) I don't want to eat processed american cheese Ö__Ö
Erich R. Lehmann пишет: Awesome! My whole family loves your show. Keep up the great work, and thanks for responding!
EmyLou74 пишет: I'm from Texas and I use the same recipe (only I add jalapeno and cook them with the onions). That queso looks soooo good! Love your channel!
AYB7210 пишет: Hilah, chile con queso means,' chile with cheese' in spanish!! :)
Melly Mels пишет: Oooooh hell yes! This would be better than sex :D
Addie пишет: Yay queso!! I stir a splash of milk into mine - helps it to not thicken up and skin-over too quickly.
MsPinkiepie23 пишет: Oooo looks good
MamaKatTV пишет: I was recently scolded on a trip to Texas when I said I didn't know what queso was. Everyone at the table literally gasped. Man...you don't mess with Texans and their queso!
Colleen Antoine пишет: Your cooking channel is the best one on YouTube, if I do say so myself. You're so funny and cute and you're just great at everything you do, you're my fav.
OJ MAYO пишет: soooo hungry now LOL good video Hilah ur awesome
You'll Need:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green onion
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chiles
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 package (1 pound) cheese spread, cubed (Velveeta)
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
paprika to taste
unsalted corn chips
Procedures : Brown ground beef and drain. Add remaining ingredients except corn chips and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with corn chips
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий