How to make Liver and Onions
Описание:
PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
Join the Wolfe Pit on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/38101...
PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
Join the Wolfe Pit on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/38101...
Комментарии:
Edwin Rivera пишет: You are what we call, a real Chef. That is cooking, you reminded me of my dad, when he would cook. He would cook liver, and made it taste like prime beef. I will try your recipe. Thank you. P.S no can green beans, but everything else looked GOOD!!!!!!
seanviv2 пишет: Do you mind sharing the type of camera used to film your videos. I want to buy one so I can film the quality of your videos is what makes that food look so good..BTW if you opened a restaurant you would have top reviews on YELP...I write reviews in California and you are fantastic..Shawn
TheWolfePit пишет: Lynnifer, I thought I was your hero! I've done lamb chops and leg of lamb, but I haven't done a rack yet. Lamb has a great flavor of it's own, 'sweet beef' flavor isn't too far fetched of an example.
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks Duhrula!! I appreciate it! Let me know what you think!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks for watching! Hope you like it.
Ballistic BBQ пишет: Looks really good Larry! Now, that being said... Liver is something that I just never got a taste for. My mom and dad ate it a lot and maybe it's because they would try and trick me into eating it by telling me it was steak!
I'll give it a shot though!
RyanRightN0w пишет: I think I'm gonna cut notches in all my wooden spoons now.
Hank Bender пишет: I am a fan of liver and onions but never made it this way! Saw your video this morning, looked so good had to make it for dinner! It was fantastic and I have a new favorite! So very tender and tasty! Two thumbs up guy, I am a fan for sure! Hope to try more of your recipes!
TheWolfePit пишет: WOW thank you so much for the compliment Edwin! LOL @ the canned green beans! I LOVE fresh green beans, but can't get my daughter to eat them. She will eat raw,steamed and sauteed broccoli, but won't eat fresh or even frozen green beans! ha! Same thing with peas. Daggone child of mie! Thank you again for the compliment and for watching!!
Richard Blaine пишет: I don't know about anyone else in here but where I come from that dish is soul food! Great job!
Sepishere пишет: another newb cook
duhrula пишет: That Sh*t Looks Slam'n!! i'm going to try this week..been looking for a good liver recipe this looks like the one Thanks
AlcesteGray пишет: Holy moly. I gotta try this.
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you! The spatula is a genius creation by Bob!! He is a very crafty man!
lynnifer72 пишет: Have you ever cooked lamb chops or a rack of lamb? I've never tried it but have read it's like a sweeter beef. Gordon Ramsay makes it look good (he's my hero - shut it! lol)
bcneiman пишет: yumm! thanks for this recipe, i'm making this tomorrow and can't wait.
brian
seanviv2 пишет: Btw what did you put in toake that gravy so rich brown and delicious it looks tender juicy and flavorful
SiddHealth пишет: Hey man, great video. Can I pat the liver with potato starch or potato flour? I have gluten sensitivity so I can't use grains. Thanks.
TheWolfePit пишет: I would highly recomment bacon grease!!! YUM!!!
TheWolfePit пишет: My girflfriend does not like liver.....she at two pieces and just said it was ok/good, so I consider that a success! LOL
29render пишет: never manned up and tried this...I might do so now! Larry, you have a special gift for making and editing videos...keep them coming brother!!
Tx1Rogue пишет: Wow, that looked great, I love liver and onions.
Lisa Reynolds пишет: Looks delicious! Mouth-watering!!!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you Hank! Thanks for watching and especially for giving it a try!! Glad you enjoyed it!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks TR!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you Valerie!
stripymccatpuss пишет: Love the smell of liver cooking, fecking hate eating it.....go figure
SiddHealth пишет: WolfePit - my liver turned out a little hard. I guess I needed more stock to make the liver softer?
29render пишет: me too :)
Southtacomamook пишет: Finally got fresh liver and I'm headin to the kitchen, feels like Christmas morning, I tell you what. I'll let ya know what it's like. I'm tempted to throw a lil bacon in der but I'm gonna stick to this recipe, for recipes sake.
thegoatman62 пишет: I Love Me some Liver and Onions!
seanviv2 пишет: I am buying liver today. I am so hungry and craving liver because if this video. Like the mob your video keep pulling me in. OMG does this look delicious.
Well Informed пишет: just like my mother and granny use to make it :)
FitAnge S пишет: Wow.. You know what I wouldn't typically eat liver, but mum used to make it for me also as a kid and I'd probably eat it made the way you made. Here! Guess what? I made those teriyaki wings and oh my lord! The family licked their chops! Best recipe ever Hun.. It's a keeper. I did though drench them in cornflour first for added crispness. They were the best I've ever made. Thank you so much..
TheWolfePit пишет: LOL!
FitAnge S пишет: Oh I made choc chip hot cross buns today too.. Mmmm i was drooling so bad!
TheWolfePit пишет: Spicy Asian Chicken Wings!
TheWolfePit пишет: It was regular beef liver. Calf liver is ever better, but a lot more expensive. I can't keep my dogs quiet......if Otis (blind lab) isn't outside barking at something, then Daisy (15 year old mutt) is making (ticky tack) noises you hear walking through the kitchen while I'm filming! LOL
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks as always Joe! As always, your kind comments really inspire me!! Thank you Joe!
Scotty Da Q пишет: Does Cat like liver?
TheWolfePit пишет: Yes, potato flour will work just fine! Thanks for watching! Let me know how it turns out!
Larry
TheWolfePit пишет: Yes, low to med-low 3 minutes or so until they flour just turns brown. Test the liver after 20 minutes for tenderness, if it is still hard to cook, cover and let simmer for 5 more minutes and test. Continue that until the liver is easily cut through just with the spatula. 30 minutes, should be more than enough time, but each piece of meat is always different.
TheWolfePit пишет: LOL! Thank you Sean! Let me know how you like it!
Larry
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks Robert, hope it inspires you to give it a try soon! And hopefully it's not tough!
BEN TWOONEZERO пишет: Was if calf liver you used?When your dog barked mine went and looked out the window.LOL
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you for watching Brian! Let me know how you like it!
Larry
TheWolfePit пишет: Yeah it's a love it or hate it kinda organ!! LOL
Ross Erstling пишет: I tried this and I think I overcooked the liver; did about 3 minutes on each side with the pan on fairly HIGH. Do you use LOW HEAT to cook each side for 3 minutes before adding back the onions and the beef stock? Thank you so much, can't wait to try this again tonight!
TheWolfePit пишет: LOL!! Thank you for watching!!
TheWolfePit пишет: Don't be confused! YOU'RE RIGHT! Sorry about that, I mislabeled the title for sure! Very sorry about that, going to change it now! Thanks for watching and pointing that out to me! I appreciate it!
I think I copy and pasted that title from an earlier liver and onions video, that DID have mushrooms in it! LOL
joed596 пишет: Larry, that looks GREAT! :-)\r
\r
I remember as a kid, we never had L&O because my dad hated it! *lol* As an adult, though, I love it! Funny thing about liver . . . you either love it or you hate it.\r
\r
The way you make it here looks absolutely delish!\r
\r
Liked, saved, and favorited! Excellent, Wolfe . . . keep these recipes coming!\r
\r
All best, Jersey Joe :-)
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you! I will check with Bob to see if he's planning on selling his spatulas. Right now I think he's just having fun, but I will check!
TheWolfePit пишет: Hi Sid, sorry to hear that. How long did it simmer? If it got hard, it definitely sounds like it overcooked.
TheWolfePit пишет: What does that mean?
Ross Erstling пишет: Thank you so much! I am going to share this recipe and your page with the entire bodybuilding community; liver is a special muscle building food, it is loaded with amino acids, iron, cholesterol, and tons of vitamins and minerals. I'm going to check the rest of your recipes now. :)
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you Sandy!!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you Matt!
SiddHealth пишет: Thanks for reply. Did you rinse the liver before putting in the flour? I'll be making this very soon.
Ross Erstling пишет: Thanks for the fast response! Yes, the gravy came out great last time, I let it simmer for about 25 minutes, it was just the liver that I had to cut with a knife. So just to clarify, cook each side on LOW for 3 minutes each? Then add the stock, mushrooms, onions..?
TheWolfePit пишет: Sorry it turned out tough for you. It needs to simmer for 20-25 minutes (or until tender). When you initially fry it, it's basically to cook the flour and add flavor. The liver actually finishes cooking and tenders up after you add the beef stock, cover and simmer. It's tender when you can take your spatula and easily push down and cut a piece off. Hope this helps and tonights batch turns out great!
Thank you for giving it a try and for watching!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you so much!!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you Corky!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks man!!
Blessed life13 пишет: I just can't eat this bad experiences as a child
mesatop5 пишет: Haven't had L&O for years -- looks great! Like the notched spatula, too.
TheWolfePit пишет: No, I didn't rinse it. Some people will soak in milk though.
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you very much! I appreciate it!!
peelmeone пишет: Liver and onions! Oh, how I would look forward to eating that as a child. Why have I not been eating it as an adult? I must remedy that situation. My mouth was watering as I watched you so rudely ;P eat it in front of me. Good Job!
Kenko706 пишет: But... where are the mushrooms? The titles says Mushroom gravy... I'm so confused.
RealmanPwns пишет: I recently got a large jar of duck sauce. Which recipe did you use that with?
charles keeton пишет: Sorry..but you are just a little high right now..doc?!..
ClosKitchen пишет: Looks so delicious.I love liver.Does your friend have a website where I can purchase the spatula?
SandyzSerious пишет: I love this!!!!
38lovejoy пишет: Looks good!
Southtacomamook пишет: Red solo cup beef juice measuring/delivery device. Very similar to my measuring technique. Styrofoam cup=1 cup Solo cup=2 cups. Sweeeeeet. This looks delicious by the way I'm craving liver right now and my local store has NONE. So sad.
TheWolfePit пишет: Not at all Shawn! You will be surprised, but the camera is a Canon Powershot SX260HS. I love this camera.....check out my 'dolphin watching' video to see how amazing the zoom is on this small camera!!
I wish I owned a restaurant! I'd love to hear your reviews!
Thank you!
Larry
TheWolfePit пишет: Yes, matter of fact she loves it! Chicken hearts, livers and gizzards too.
Edwin Rivera пишет: You are what we call, a real Chef. That is cooking, you reminded me of my dad, when he would cook. He would cook liver, and made it taste like prime beef. I will try your recipe. Thank you. P.S no can green beans, but everything else looked GOOD!!!!!!
seanviv2 пишет: Do you mind sharing the type of camera used to film your videos. I want to buy one so I can film the quality of your videos is what makes that food look so good..BTW if you opened a restaurant you would have top reviews on YELP...I write reviews in California and you are fantastic..Shawn
TheWolfePit пишет: Lynnifer, I thought I was your hero! I've done lamb chops and leg of lamb, but I haven't done a rack yet. Lamb has a great flavor of it's own, 'sweet beef' flavor isn't too far fetched of an example.
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks Duhrula!! I appreciate it! Let me know what you think!
TheWolfePit пишет: Thanks for watching! Hope you like it.
Ballistic BBQ пишет: Looks really good Larry! Now, that being said... Liver is something that I just never got a taste for. My mom and dad ate it a lot and maybe it's because they would try and trick me into eating it by telling me it was steak!
I'll give it a shot though!
RyanRightN0w пишет: I think I'm gonna cut notches in all my wooden spoons now.
Hank Bender пишет: I am a fan of liver and onions but never made it this way! Saw your video this morning, looked so good had to make it for dinner! It was fantastic and I have a new favorite! So very tender and tasty! Two thumbs up guy, I am a fan for sure! Hope to try more of your recipes!
TheWolfePit пишет: WOW thank you so much for the compliment Edwin! LOL @ the canned green beans! I LOVE fresh green beans, but can't get my daughter to eat them. She will eat raw,steamed and sauteed broccoli, but won't eat fresh or even frozen green beans! ha! Same thing with peas. Daggone child of mie! Thank you again for the compliment and for watching!!
Richard Blaine пишет: I don't know about anyone else in here but where I come from that dish is soul food! Great job!
Sepishere пишет: another newb cook
duhrula пишет: That Sh*t Looks Slam'n!! i'm going to try this week..been looking for a good liver recipe this looks like the one Thanks
AlcesteGray пишет: Holy moly. I gotta try this.
TheWolfePit пишет: Thank you! The spatula is a genius creation by Bob!! He is a very crafty man!
lynnifer72 пишет: Have you ever cooked lamb chops or a rack of lamb? I've never tried it but have read it's like a sweeter beef. Gordon Ramsay makes it look good (he's my hero - shut it! lol)
bcneiman пишет: yumm! thanks for this recipe, i'm making this tomorrow and can't wait.
brian
seanviv2 пишет: Btw what did you put in toake that gravy so rich brown and delicious it looks tender juicy and flavorful
SiddHealth пишет: Hey man, great video. Can I pat the liver with potato starch or potato flour? I have gluten sensitivity so I can't use grains. Thanks.
TheWolfePit пишет: I would highly recomment bacon grease!!! YUM!!!
TheWolfePit пишет: My girflfriend does not like liver.....she at two pieces and just said it was ok/good, so I consider that a success! LOL
29render пишет: never manned up and tried this...I might do so now! Larry, you have a special gift for making and editing videos...keep them coming brother!!
Tx1Rogue пишет: Wow, that looked great, I love liver and onions.
Lisa Reynolds пишет: Looks delicious! Mouth-watering!!!
You'll Need:
8 (1/2-inch) slices calves liver
1 quart boiling water
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, finely mashed
Salt and pepper
Flour, as needed
Bacon grease or vegetable oil
Procedures : Place liver in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Allow liver to blanch. When grayish in color, remove from hot water and remove skin from edges of slices. Marinate in a mixture of vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
Remove liver from marinade and roll in flour. Brown in hot fat, then reduce heat and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Avoid overcooking. Turn once only.
Serve with fried onions and crisp bacon slices, with pickled serrano peppers on the side
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий