суббота, 27 сентября 2014 г.

Spicy Pot Roast II

Slow Cooker Red Curry Beef Pot Roast - Spicy Braised Red Curry Beef Recipe








Описание:

Learn how to make a Slow Cooker Red Curry Beef Pot Roast Recipe! Go to http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/0... for the ingredient amounts, more information, and over 800 more video recipes! I hope you enjoy this easy Slow Cooker Red Curry Beef Pot Roast!

BTW, be sure to follow your boy, Chef John at @foodwishes https://twitter.com/foodwishes
Комментарии:

munak992 пишет: Chef John! u gave me great idea.
what u did here is more on western cooking style.
Over South East Asia we just chuck in all the belended spice (onion paste garlic paste, ginger paste and some spice) then all in the meat but what u did here save hell of mess

thx chef John


sutematsu пишет: Food porn.

Jackie Williams пишет: Chef John, nobody wants to know about your old meat.

nilmereth пишет: This is such a my dad recipe. Thought process: "I have this hunk of meat I need to use... and some bok choy... uh, I'd kind of like some curry. And hey, I bet some rotel tomatoes would be great in curry!" *throws everything into a pot and hopes for the best*

nicksuicide пишет: The food was quite good. As so said earlier , if you put the potatoes into the slow cooker, it takes another 1 1/2 hour!

Aurora Bliss пишет: Yumyum

Helen Kim пишет: Chef John = a real man

fozziebear2009 пишет: Cannibal Cop is that you?

Eitan Chatav пишет: Shouldn't the bok choy be put in later than the potatoes so they can still be a little crunchy?

RecipeWars пишет: This would be delicious cooked down with some kaffir lime leaves. They're hard to find, but so worth the hunt. Plus, any extras taste really good infused into a bottle of gin.

slobomotion пишет: Agreed. I found it in powdered form, too -- very handy for small quantities. Take your coconut rice to a higher plane by adding some cinnamon stick, a clove, a green cardamom seed & a black cardamom seed. Just remove them before serving. Ah ...

Peter Anderson пишет: I have to try this!

AMonkeyCourier пишет: Lightly cooked bok choy is mainly a western thing.

Ashley Smith пишет: That looks Yummy!

Ronsar Lo пишет: Hi Chef, just wonder what brand of spider you have?
It looks very sturdy!

rivergal47 пишет: Thank you! This was delicious. Very rich, could taste all the levels. The serving size you displayed was about perfect for it. Wonderful!

pooponparade пишет: nothing better than chef john's old meat.....

eerisome пишет: This looks so freaking good god damn

Randy Ogren пишет: no cayenne just for fun?

John Wheat пишет: Wonderful recipe. Another one on my list to cook!

kiwiliqueur пишет: We cooked this recipe yesterday with some variations as we couldn't find bok choy and fish sauce. Regardless it tasted amazing! Thanks for this recipe!!!

Jerome Weaver пишет: how about a little lemon grass?


martinvansamuel пишет: Three Crabs fish sauce, conscious choice?

befos7 пишет: The benefit of a slow cooker is that you don't have to worry about it getting out of hand. What I would suggest is getting an oven safe pot, and do it in the oven.

hed wig пишет: Looks wonderful John.. I sense a little Rendang influence here. :) Khamael is right about the bok choy. It is a delicate brassica and tastes much better when it is bright green & slightly crunchy after cooking. If your goal is to come out nice and sweet, what do you think of substituting Savoy cabbage? :)

arsalanfsl1 пишет: is it just me or does that meat look like a giant paw? 0:56

Andi Ainul пишет: chef john face finally revealed!

slobomotion пишет: Thanks for responding. That's good to know and consider.

Lynn Kramer пишет: If you don't have a slow cooker, just hold the meat, between your knees.

treannely пишет: Hi.. I don't have a slow cooker.. Can I make this in a normal pot?

Abbey Kang пишет: wow! Thank you! im trying this this weekend.

cjcrashoveride пишет: Hey Chef John do you think I could use a bit of xantham gum instead of corn starch? Thanks for the great recipe!

Thrall079 пишет: This dude sounds like Seth Rogen

gemmaismystar пишет: return of the baby spoon!

CWR032 пишет: I totally screwed this up - instead of chicken stock I used Birkenstocks.

Jae Kyun Moon пишет: how about adding mirepoix?

franklynd пишет: Hey chef john, why didn't you cut the beef into chunks before slow cooking them ?.

ViewreelsTV пишет: The way you talk reminds me of Quagmire without the dirt. Giggidy!

snowsuit пишет: Chef John, I'd be NOTHING without you.

Nehwon Wondor пишет: 2:55 Saw Chef John

khaleesha williams пишет: chef John can you do the same for yellow curry, just with yellow curry paste?

e8ghtmileshigh1 пишет: You wont taste it

slobomotion пишет: They are so handy, my ex insisted on keeping the small one I'd found at a yard sale, & I was sorry the large one I'd bought "new in the box" from a coworker who'd received it as a gift & never used it wouldn't work here in Europe (wrong current) so I reboxed it and sent it off as a gift back to the States, complete with the original recipe book. Very useful during my long working days/college at night years. Hope you find one!

Mattias Persson пишет: Delicious as always.

Bahbah Boohi пишет: Haters gone hate. I just have issues with chain restaurants...

MoarPewPewPlz пишет: Chef John, if I met you in the city again, would that be okay if I took a picture with you? I actually spotted you at a market, but I wasn't sure if it was you and I wasn't sure if you were in the mood haha

svalson пишет: Love it even before I cooked it. Bellissimo!


lalooshwashere пишет: 2:54 I seeeeeeee you!

airdmc1 пишет: I love your recipes! How about chicken masala???

FamilyGuyPlayLOL пишет: Uggh..... mouth watery

Hanh Ng пишет: 3:21 Hello! Great job chef :D

tinsnips and scissors пишет: I made this for dinner tonight along with a loaf of crusty bread... We all *loved* it! Even the kiddos and my picky husband! Good stuff. I'm looking very forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow...

pansyed пишет: wtf bokchoy in curry. people usually use cabbage

The Electrobuz пишет: I don't know about you, but I've never had cabbage in curry... Ever...

J0k3r4U пишет: Is this the first time you've shown yourself Chef?

filin34 пишет: Love the fact that you are wearing a Warriors shirt, chef John!

in2dis пишет: you could just use plain yoghurt or milk instead.. just a little will do

Food Wishes пишет: Sure!

greenbeast1345 пишет: He's appeared in like 5+ of his videos.

MsheridanZ пишет: "hey check it out there I am. hey how ya doin?"
Lol'd

Food Wishes пишет: When you braise it all the way like this it gets nice and sweet. There is never one way to do an ingredient.

TobiasDawg пишет: Some say he secretly seasoned it with some cayenne!

Gamer Diaries пишет: I do that on a regular basis. Worst comes to worst, throw some pasta in and make pasta bake xD

cptizumi пишет: thank you for the recipe. i was wondering why you dice the meat after cooking it instead of while it's raw. i would think it'll have even more flavor with the latter

Lynn Kramer пишет: This is exactly how I do this dish (I stole the recipe from you actually) except that I sprinkle a little cayenne pepper just at the end.

Cindy Khalista пишет: chef john, are you wearing a cow t shirt!?? :D

Jamise Barnett пишет: This is sooooo Sunday's dinner

alogli пишет: start then!

Meryl Strife пишет: Chef John, you should try your take on Kare-kare :)

Hazera A пишет: Oh my god this looks soooooo good, I have to try this!

danradke98275 пишет: And wow.. "your", ridiculous misspelling on my part!

SweeteryTreatery пишет: More slow cooker! You should make a slow cooker playlist! Thanks for being such an amazing chef! You're an inspiration and really funny (:

Brain Scoop пишет: Watch chef John cooking video, get hungry, realize that I can't cook. Boil some water, put instant noodle in, eat the noodle while thinking of the food chef John made T_T

Scotchgirl пишет: Coconut milk is excellent in white rice! Heaven!!

Neo JW пишет: Nice

F3FisGoodforYou пишет: Is he as Fluffy as we all imagine he is ??

e8ghtmileshigh1 пишет: You can just reduce the braising liquid

daaamn001 пишет: cornstars or pornstars?

GoliathAngelus пишет: WOW,,this looks sooo good

stinkeyjean пишет: YOU MAKE COOKING LOOK SOOOO EASY!! OH MY GOODNESS IM GONNA MAKE EVERYSINGLE DISH FROM ALL YOUR VIDEOS AND ALL MY FRIENDS ARE GONNA BE LIKE WOW YOU'RE SO GOOD AT COOKING AND IM GONNA BE LIKE YA I KNOW

Robert Leduc пишет: Great

Yeomin Yoon пишет: I love you, Chef John.

e8ghtmileshigh1 пишет: Pepper on high heat?

FELIZ IVETT пишет: Omgoshhhhh I wish I had a bowl of this delightful meal....makes my mouth water...can't wait to try it....hmmm.

Adam Soh пишет: My oh my. That looks wonderful Chef John!

ladytremere85 пишет: That looks amazing. As always.

Karl-Arvid Svensson Rissanen пишет: I feel the same but his voice is so soothing and the food looks delicious!

BellaZita3 пишет: Pressure cooker is for fast cooking, slow cooker is to make it super slow and have all the flavors cook together, it's more tender too. :]

NuChannel1142 пишет: Awesome vid..

nilmereth пишет: Me too! It's the mark of a great cook, I think.

Esther Kang пишет: I just wanted to say I love you and your videos, they're really a treat to watch.

I usually just sit on Youtube going through your videos at random times throughout the day.

Don't know how thankful I am for these. x)

Laraib Khan пишет: omg I'm so hungry right now... Why must you do this to me?? Why must you upload your videos so late at night!? Its 1:30am in here in NY and I now have a intense pot roast craving.

Skurvy2k пишет: Chef John, what exactally does a bay leaf or two contribute to a dish. I feel like if i prepared the same dish side by side but with one omitting a bay leaf I wouldn't be able to detect much of a difference.

wuundarbar пишет: It's midnight and this is slowly cooking away in ma crock pot! :D
So excited for breakfast haha

Dave Bell пишет: Looks fantastic! Good beef is hard to come by here on Crete. This looks like the perfect way to tart up some not so perfect beef! Thanks, will definitely be giving this a go!

Amina Alimetova пишет: "You don't wanna hurry you curry!" LOL)) As awesome as usually! Thanks!

munak992 пишет: Chef John! u gave me great idea.
what u did here is more on western cooking style.
Over South East Asia we just chuck in all the belended spice (onion paste garlic paste, ginger paste and some spice) then all in the meat but what u did here save hell of mess

thx chef John


sutematsu пишет: Food porn.

Jackie Williams пишет: Chef John, nobody wants to know about your old meat.

nilmereth пишет: This is such a my dad recipe. Thought process: "I have this hunk of meat I need to use... and some bok choy... uh, I'd kind of like some curry. And hey, I bet some rotel tomatoes would be great in curry!" *throws everything into a pot and hopes for the best*
You'll Need:

1 (4 to 5 pound) pot roast
1/4 cup shortening
3 cups water
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
2 tablespoons cardamom seed
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cold water

Procedures : Melt shortening over medium heat in large skillet. Brown meat slowly on all sides. Pour off excess fat; add next 6 ingredients. Simmer, covered, 3 to 4 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove meat, keep warm. Strain stock, measure 4 cups. Blend flour and cold water; add to measured stock. Cook, stirring, until thickened.

Serves 8

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий