
Swiss Steak Recipe
Описание:
Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 to 2 pounds of round steak
flour for dredging
salt/pepper
1 pound mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup celery
1 cup onions
1/4 cup red wine or vermouth
1 or 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 can of tomatoes (14 to 16 ounces)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 and 1/2 cups beef broth
Thank you for watching!
Subscribe, it's free!
Background music from: http://www.incompetech.com
Song used: Sunshine
Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 to 2 pounds of round steak
flour for dredging
salt/pepper
1 pound mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup celery
1 cup onions
1/4 cup red wine or vermouth
1 or 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 can of tomatoes (14 to 16 ounces)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 and 1/2 cups beef broth
Thank you for watching!
Subscribe, it's free!
Background music from: http://www.incompetech.com
Song used: Sunshine
Комментарии:
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @TheVittleVlog
Thank you my friend!
moryamaro пишет: Yummy
Rhonda Stephens пишет: You've done it again Michael! That looks so good!
TheVittleVlog пишет: Top Notch Bud!!
tjbollman1 пишет: Ummm UM! Now that's my kind of meal.
Barbara Wagner пишет: Thank you for taking the time to do the video. It is very helpful when we can find recipes that are simple, hardy and crock pot friendly. I just bought a Ninja so I assume that since I can brown and use as a crock pot that I could amend the recipe to work in that. Truly appreciate you going to the trouble of putting this out on the web for us! Please continue doing videos and I will continue to watch! Sincerely yours, Barb
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @missmukmuk
I hope you do make this sometime, thanks!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @ToriSterling
Thank you so much!
wildheart5 пишет: That looks soooooo good! I used to make that when everyone was home. I didn't use tomatoes so it made a nice brown gravy and I cooked it in a Dutch oven on top of the stove with plenty of onions. It was a real hit.
Chef.Avoir Chaud пишет: This looks so delicious, I will have to try this.
hamificationable пишет: @lumpfish99 People don't wash mushrooms because they'll absorb the water. That's what they say, at least, so some just brush off all the dirt.
FitAnge S пишет: Looks wonderful :-)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @ShowMeHowNow
Hey Gus, a crock pot is nice to have and use every now and then.
They don't heat up the kitchen, thanks!
Helene Chau пишет: Thank you for sharing this recipe. And yes, I also wash my mushrooms! :)
hofnerman1 пишет: Thank you for this recipe. Looks good. Will try it this Sunday Dinner. TY. :)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you for your nice comment :)
CookingAndCrafting пишет: I love me some paprika.
This looks awesome!!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @Chud1245
I agree with you especially with the Measurable part ;-)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: With so many choices, BEEF is the Choice!
Thanks man!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @james1937
Yes and someone from England told me how to pronounce it, lol.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @mjd716
I like mushrooms, not a lover of them though.
I just thought they sounded good in this.
I do not use the crock-pot much, but you will see more in the future, thanks!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you and I have to also thank you for subscribing!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @YoungFresh718
Thank you!
ILoveDawsonsCreek пишет: This is going in my favorites
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: You know what... I have thought about making that.
I just may do that, thank you for the suggestion!
Kenko706 пишет: Honestly? The mushroom washing vs brushing thing? except in the most exacting recipies, a quick rinse is just as effective, and there's no real absorption. CF. Alton Brown and Good Eats-- in one episode he rather thoroughly debunks that.
crissitycrox54 пишет: I absolutely have to make this! Thanks freitasex!
Hokieman101 пишет: Beef....it's what's for dinner!!!
Sarah Korn пишет: That looks amazing! I will have to give this a try sometime!
AirrowRocket пишет: What a fantastic recipe! My stomach is growling!
1977mrbrian пишет: That looks delicious !! I'll have to try it ! Great recipe !
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: If shrimp sounds good to you, sure!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @annasophiabebe
OH that tart is excellent, I hope you do make it, thanks!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @1977mrbrian
Thanks!
hofnerman1 пишет: Potatoes on top is a BRILLIANT Idea. Subscribing. :)
FredGarven77 пишет: From Wikipedia
...The name does not refer to Switzerland, but instead to the process of "swissing", which refers to fabric or other materials being pounded or run through rollers in order to soften it....
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @rhosteph
I have to tell you something.
That picture that is the icon and the beginning of the video is a picture of the swiss steak cold on a plate, that was the best picture that I took.
Lillian C пишет: Looks so good!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @Lillian0813
Thank you :-)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you Kathy!
Ms Kimlo пишет: That looks amazing!!! :)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you very much!
I really appreciate it
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thanks and thank you for subscribing!
Ryuuie Ryuu пишет: @lumpfish99 Not the edible mushrooms. :P Those usually grow in dirt.
However, the myth is you shouldn't wash mushrooms because they'll absorb water like a sponge. The reality is that while they WILL absorb water, they're not going to absorb much to make any sort of difference.
DubJosh пишет: Looks fantastic.
youcreatea пишет: mmmmmm looks delicious :D
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you sir!
Nannerchan пишет: Where did you buy that thing? I have never seen that before.
anna sophia Espinoza пишет: this looks fantastic michael!
thinking I'm going to try the nutella chocolate tart and
serve it to my roommates. :) thanks for the recipes!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @MrRpgFreak
Thank you, thank you very much!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @SirGomez81
LMOA, well her beef broth did not have as much salt in it.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @jailedheart
Thanks!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @ElmosSmile24
Thank you, thank you very much!
SeñorBurtango пишет: Can I use regular mustard?
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: I wish you could come for dinner, I would cook for you and your friends!
HourGlassbyLove пишет: My late grandma would make this every Sunday!! This brought back so many good memories, can't wait to make it. Thank you:)
Dryad пишет: @UnOxonien Yes.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @CookingAndCrafting
Thanks Beth!
Bralor89 пишет: Best Cook on youtube Micheal! IMAO you even beat chef John from foodwishes! :)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you so much!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @lumpfish99
I always wash them!
TexasPrepperinCali пишет: I enjoy watching you cook, it makes me wish I had a husband or even a boyfriend like you. You truly cook delightful meals, and so simple at that. Thank you for the time you put into these videos, as they are such a treat to watch.
Chud1245 пишет: You can wash mushrooms, They don't absorb enough water to make a measurable difference.
Tori Simpkin пишет: I just love your videos. This looks great!
gmaureen пишет: Where in the world do you find round steak? I haven't seen it in years. My dad made swiss steak with bone in round steak (similar to your recipe) and we loved it.
I wash my mushrooms too, but only just before I use them. Mushrooms and moisture don't mix when it comes to storage. I also store them in paper towel...get rid of the plastic...and they will keep for a week.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @AirrowRocket
Stop on over and the growling will end and your belly will be happy!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @edenbainbridge
Yes, cobalt, I love the plum color also!
west-island kev пишет: Fun to watch, looks good, thx for sharing with us!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @Scorpion11381
I have even put mushrooms in the sink filled with water, I have never had water logged mushrooms.
I think just about everybody craves my meat, lol.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @UnOxonien
Yes, I guess USA people are sodium addicted.
You really have to look for tinned tomatoes that have no salt, in just this last year I can find them now without.
thomas byrne пишет: Yes!!!! Yes!!!!! Yes, Yes ....Yes Yes!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm, I swear to god i can almost taste this, and it's driving me crazy :))))lol. Thanks Michael, MrChi-townstorm
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you and have a great Sunday!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @michaeljackson5002
Thank you Arman, I finally subscribed to you.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @westislandkev
I find that even if you though them into a sink filled with water, they are fine.
Thanks so much!
REDD OKTOBER пишет: Good job, well done!
OhCrapGuy пишет: Please do American pancakes :D
AdamEshamMC пишет: can i have dinner at your house please??
:)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Probably nothing, I did not name it, lol.
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you for watching!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @Bralor89
Thank you and I am happy you can watch my videos, remember when you could not watch!
qewtypants пишет: With winter heading our way soon, that's definately one for me to try - looks yummy with the mashed potatoes. Our slow cooker 'died' recently, have to get a new one quick! Thanks for the inspiration :) Warm wishes, Q.
1DRock37167 пишет: I wash my shrooms too:0)\r
\r
Ive never used a tenderizer before, I usually just pound the shit out of the round steak with a meat mallet.\r
\r
Yummo! I would totally endure the hives this dish would bring on!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @lumpfish99
I always wash them!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @TheVittleVlog
Thank you my friend!
moryamaro пишет: Yummy
Rhonda Stephens пишет: You've done it again Michael! That looks so good!
TheVittleVlog пишет: Top Notch Bud!!
tjbollman1 пишет: Ummm UM! Now that's my kind of meal.
Barbara Wagner пишет: Thank you for taking the time to do the video. It is very helpful when we can find recipes that are simple, hardy and crock pot friendly. I just bought a Ninja so I assume that since I can brown and use as a crock pot that I could amend the recipe to work in that. Truly appreciate you going to the trouble of putting this out on the web for us! Please continue doing videos and I will continue to watch! Sincerely yours, Barb
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @missmukmuk
I hope you do make this sometime, thanks!
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @ToriSterling
Thank you so much!
wildheart5 пишет: That looks soooooo good! I used to make that when everyone was home. I didn't use tomatoes so it made a nice brown gravy and I cooked it in a Dutch oven on top of the stove with plenty of onions. It was a real hit.
Chef.Avoir Chaud пишет: This looks so delicious, I will have to try this.
hamificationable пишет: @lumpfish99 People don't wash mushrooms because they'll absorb the water. That's what they say, at least, so some just brush off all the dirt.
FitAnge S пишет: Looks wonderful :-)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: @ShowMeHowNow
Hey Gus, a crock pot is nice to have and use every now and then.
They don't heat up the kitchen, thanks!
Helene Chau пишет: Thank you for sharing this recipe. And yes, I also wash my mushrooms! :)
hofnerman1 пишет: Thank you for this recipe. Looks good. Will try it this Sunday Dinner. TY. :)
Michael's Home Cooking пишет: Thank you for your nice comment :)
You'll Need:
1 tablespoon margarine
1 (2 pound) chuck roast, cut 1-inch thick
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can mushrooms, drained
1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and
chopped, reserving juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon A-1? Steak Sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Procedures : Coat center of a large sheet of heavy foil with margarine and place into a 13 x 9-inch dish. Place meat across foil, overlapping each piece slightly. Sprinkle with soup mix, mushrooms, green pepper slices, and tomatoes. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Mix tomato juice, steak sauce and cornstarch. Add enough water to make 2 cups liquid. Pour over meat mixture and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 2 hours.
Yields 4 servings
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий