суббота, 27 сентября 2014 г.

Creamy Coconut Dessert

Hawaiian Haupia (Coconut Pudding) Recipe - HoneysuckleCatering








Описание:

Aloha! Join Honeysuckle Catering in this special recipe for Haupia!
SUBSCRIBE: http://goo.gl/iA05G
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/myhoneysuckle...

Come along for the ride on our Culinary Road Trip across the United
States. Let's get started with this Hawaiian Luau dessert!

Music written, recorded, and produced by Aaron Prim

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup corn starch
1 pinch of salt

Directions:

Cook coconut milk over medium heat in saucepan until hot. In a separate bowl, combine milk, sugar, corn starch, and salt and mix until thoroughly mixed. Combine into coconut milk on the stove and whisk until it thickens, to avoid lumps and burning, into a thick, yogurt-like consistency. Pour into a 9x9" pan, spread evenly, and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until cold. Cut and serve.

*serves up to 9

Wardrobe: Anthropologie
Makeup: Eyes - Urban Decay & Stila; Lips: Lancome Matte Lipstick in Stylista
Nail Polish: Essie Mint Candy Apple

© 2014 Honeysuckle Catering. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMihwo... Making things Fun, Pretty, and Delicious! Honeysuckle is a lifestyle channel for young adult women interested in entertaining and cooking at home.
Комментарии:

Tony Nguyen пишет: how many ml of a can of coconut milk??

timitzer пишет: Wow, this is wonderful and easy to make. Thank you!

ajing kimmi пишет: i left mine in the fridge about 3 hrs... but it still like yogurt like the beginning...

annie lynn пишет: You pronounce the Hawaiian words perfectly!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: let me know how you like it! :)

s3venAwesomeGymnasts пишет: what can I use besides corn starch?


Jodelyn Deloso пишет: Hello I really like your videos :-) this recipe reminds me of a Filipino dessert my made called maha blanca the only difference is that we add sweet baby corn to the mixture hope you can try it out & I'm looking forward to your other recipes

Krysler Rose пишет: i'm really happy i found your channel. it all started with picnic ideas

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hmmm! i've actually never tried it with corn flour. I'm thinking that it's not fine enough.

erricaaisscrrazy er пишет: How much ounces was the can??

Angel Tran пишет: its 13.5 fl. oz


Dhara Patel пишет: just made this. it was awesome! thanks for the recipe

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thanks, i hope you enjoyed the finished product! aloha! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: no i haven't, but that is a great idea! i love pineapple. :)

MissVally пишет: I've made it with rise flour that is also very fine! Amazing result! Thank you (next time I will add some coconut extract to make a bigger taste!)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hi duyen! thank you so much for watching. our friend aaron prim wrote this song especially for this video! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: delicious! i will have to give that a try too. :)

Isabel Rodrigues пишет: Just made this it's setting in the fridge can't wait to try it!


yummyingo пишет: can i use gelatine in place of corn starch?

michaelbhs05yb пишет: I was in the pantry just a while ago and noticed the can of coconut milk, which made me think, "Oooh, curry!" But now seeing this, I'm gonna go make this right now!

Mai Chan Truong пишет: just made this and have to wait 3 hours. lol

Nancy Tran пишет: Thanks c: and HI !

nailbiter64 пишет: Hi! I made this a while ago and this thing was a family favourite! Especially my grandma loved it! I made this at 9:30 at night while I had a headache but it still turned out perfect! When it reaches the right consistency you have got to work really fast! It starts to set pretty quickly so if you want a nice smooth top work fast! It was so easy and extremely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

kathy r пишет: youre so happy i love watching your videos!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thank you so much for watching the videos and for your support. :) I hope you enjoy the recipe, it's such a delicious treat! :)

DesignerBlush пишет: i just made this for my mom. she loves it ! thanks (:

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: definitely! it reminds me alot of jello! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hi there! coconut cream is usually a little thicker than coconut milk, so i would just dilute it a bit with water for the right consistency. enjoy!

TheChipcorn пишет: Do you think i could add stuff to it like mango puree or strawberry puree to the coconut milk so that it becomes mango coconut haupia? I could add more cornstarch maybe... :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thank you so much!!

Hoi-Yi Ho пишет: amazing! I'm going to make this right now =D

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: Hi Little Sheep, that's about 410 grams. Thanks for watching!

tamangkto пишет: Can i use only milk without the coconut milk?

Dianna Allen пишет: My mom used to make this all the time and now I finally have the recipe! THANK YOU!

Sameen M пишет: I tried this today and I loved it!!!!!!!! YUM! One thing though, I think I could taste more cornstarch than I thought I would. But anyway my family liked this, it's really rich too. Thanks!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: that is so sweet, you made it for your mom! i'm glad it worked out for you!! :D

Stefsupersaiyan пишет: Aaah this seems like such a good recipe and also easy to make, I'm going to try it! :) You seem like such a nice person, it has been a pleasure watching your video ^___^

jirene83 пишет: The consistency looks so different, but yummy still :)

livinglovinglife08 пишет: Just put my coconut pudding in the refrigerator. I taste a little of the warm pudding from my whisk and it was mind-blowing. So light and creamy. Cannot wait until tomorrow to try it. Thank you honeysucklecatering.

baby103101 пишет: Thanks for posting this recipe! My son and I made this. We used Silk PureCoconut vanilla milk, arrowroot powder and no sugar, yum! We are going to make this again, but layered, coconut milk (blue), almond milk (white), and coconut milk (red).

stefanie pham пишет: really great and i think in my opion i should put a little less coconut milk

deepilal пишет: can i use corn flour instead.


Janelle Thao пишет: But substitute it with gelatin

Danielle Gover пишет: Oops ignore that

Polly Wong пишет: How much is a can of coconut milk? Pls answer :) thanks

xXLittlesheepXx пишет: How many grams is a can of coconut milk ?? @honeysucklecatering

Sally Nyhus пишет: Thank you, Honeysuckle. The recipe I had was from a friend of years ago and hers called for making the coconut milk using 2 large coconuts! This is so much easier. Nice job on the video, too. Now, I know exactly how to make this pudding, which is from back in the olden days, when puddings had a cakelike consistency (think "Oh, bring us some figgy pudding").

anthony thor пишет: its seems more like jello


Honeysuckle Catering пишет: that sounds like a lovely dessert! gives it a bit more texture! thank you for stopping by! :)

Sky Dog пишет: I make this with water chestnut starch - the difference is that it is more like agar jellies : ) Do you ever make the pineapple syrup for the topping?

Sheng-jian LC пишет: Im making it now. Lets see in about three hours!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: the can of coconut milk that i used is 400 ml!

Alvin H. пишет: Looks Good... Will try this next!! :-)

differ individual пишет: You're a very talented cook.

Amber McGraw пишет: I'm so excited to connect with the food from home. Since moving to the mainland I've missed this part of Hawa'i. Thank you for this recipe! I wish you would have tried to make the hawaiian style Mochi. It's delicious

Helen's Recipes (Vietnamese Food) пишет: looks like vietnamese banh duc hehe

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: yay! a great alternative use for coconut milk. i hope you enjoyed it!

Kyle Drummond пишет: Looks nice, would you write the recipe down plz cos cant catch the

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hmm, i've never tried that. but since this is a coconut pudding, the coconut milk is key!

thedubla пишет: You're Awesome! thanks, :) much luv <3

PEEGEE BEEDEE пишет: I'm Sorry, Haupia. I Didn't Spell It Correctly (Goes To Show How Much I Know About Hawaii And Hawaiians). OK, So I Was Right After All. This Dessert Is A Product Of American And Hawaiian Culinary Fusion.

I've Never Had Flavored Poi, But I'd Assume That That Would Be A Good Starchy Dessert.

ihartrock пишет: thanks for the recipieeee this is dericioussss :D

Tiffany Le пишет: How do I make it soft but hard enough to cut it like yours? :) thanks!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thanks for trying it out hoi-yi! i'm glad you like them! :)

Devon August пишет: we usually sprinkle cinnamon on top of our haupia after we take it out of the fridge. Taste really delicious :)


shadi don пишет: Can I replace corn starch with anything else

stefanie pham пишет: We made that today.

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: yes, i would love to have you feature this video! you have a great community over there. thanks for stopping by! :)

r0ckyr0nnie пишет: can i use coconut cream instead?

ileana haunani giovenco пишет: This makes me want poi

sonal jain пишет: Trieed ....its awesome very tasty

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: how did you like it?

Tony Nguyen пишет: how many ml of a can of coconut milk??

timitzer пишет: Wow, this is wonderful and easy to make. Thank you!

ajing kimmi пишет: i left mine in the fridge about 3 hrs... but it still like yogurt like the beginning...

annie lynn пишет: You pronounce the Hawaiian words perfectly!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: let me know how you like it! :)

s3venAwesomeGymnasts пишет: what can I use besides corn starch?


Jodelyn Deloso пишет: Hello I really like your videos :-) this recipe reminds me of a Filipino dessert my made called maha blanca the only difference is that we add sweet baby corn to the mixture hope you can try it out & I'm looking forward to your other recipes

Krysler Rose пишет: i'm really happy i found your channel. it all started with picnic ideas

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hmmm! i've actually never tried it with corn flour. I'm thinking that it's not fine enough.

erricaaisscrrazy er пишет: How much ounces was the can??

Angel Tran пишет: its 13.5 fl. oz


Dhara Patel пишет: just made this. it was awesome! thanks for the recipe

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thanks, i hope you enjoyed the finished product! aloha! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: no i haven't, but that is a great idea! i love pineapple. :)

MissVally пишет: I've made it with rise flour that is also very fine! Amazing result! Thank you (next time I will add some coconut extract to make a bigger taste!)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hi duyen! thank you so much for watching. our friend aaron prim wrote this song especially for this video! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: delicious! i will have to give that a try too. :)

Isabel Rodrigues пишет: Just made this it's setting in the fridge can't wait to try it!


yummyingo пишет: can i use gelatine in place of corn starch?

michaelbhs05yb пишет: I was in the pantry just a while ago and noticed the can of coconut milk, which made me think, "Oooh, curry!" But now seeing this, I'm gonna go make this right now!

Mai Chan Truong пишет: just made this and have to wait 3 hours. lol

Nancy Tran пишет: Thanks c: and HI !

nailbiter64 пишет: Hi! I made this a while ago and this thing was a family favourite! Especially my grandma loved it! I made this at 9:30 at night while I had a headache but it still turned out perfect! When it reaches the right consistency you have got to work really fast! It starts to set pretty quickly so if you want a nice smooth top work fast! It was so easy and extremely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

kathy r пишет: youre so happy i love watching your videos!

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: thank you so much for watching the videos and for your support. :) I hope you enjoy the recipe, it's such a delicious treat! :)

DesignerBlush пишет: i just made this for my mom. she loves it ! thanks (:

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: definitely! it reminds me alot of jello! :)

Honeysuckle Catering пишет: hi there! coconut cream is usually a little thicker than coconut milk, so i would just dilute it a bit with water for the right consistency. enjoy!
You'll Need:

Base
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
4 cups cold milk
3 (3.4 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted

Procedures : Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in one cup Cool Whip. Spread over the crust.

In a separate bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий