
New York Strip Steak with Sherried Mushroom Sauce and Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Описание:
Who says you have to go out for a restaurant quality meal? The next time you want to treat yourself, try this amazing recipe!
Visit the recipe: http://www.lyndsaythekitchenwitch.com...
Ingredients
2 8 oz New York Strip steaks
1 Tbsp sea salt or truffle salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp butter
6 sliced button mushrooms
1/2 tsp of the steak seasoning mixture
1/2 cup sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
fresh cracked black pepper
For the Potatoes
6 russet potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup shredded cheese like extra old cheddar or gruyere
truffle or sea salt to taste
Directions
Bring the steak to room temperature.
Mix the salt, garlic, herbs, and pepper together and sprinkle each side of the steaks with about 1 tsp of the mixture. Let steak rest for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce and potatoes.
For the sauce...
Saute the mushrooms in the butter just until they begin to release their water. Season with the salt blend, add the sherry, continue to boil, and reduce by half. Add the cream and continue to simmer until reduced and slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft and tender. Drain and gently mash.
Heat the milk, and stock and melt the cheese in a saucepan. Mash into the potatoes. Continue to mash and whisk until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the steak with the potatoes, boiled or steamed spinach with the mushroom sauce drizzled over all.
Who says you have to go out for a restaurant quality meal? The next time you want to treat yourself, try this amazing recipe!
Visit the recipe: http://www.lyndsaythekitchenwitch.com...
Ingredients
2 8 oz New York Strip steaks
1 Tbsp sea salt or truffle salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp butter
6 sliced button mushrooms
1/2 tsp of the steak seasoning mixture
1/2 cup sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
fresh cracked black pepper
For the Potatoes
6 russet potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup shredded cheese like extra old cheddar or gruyere
truffle or sea salt to taste
Directions
Bring the steak to room temperature.
Mix the salt, garlic, herbs, and pepper together and sprinkle each side of the steaks with about 1 tsp of the mixture. Let steak rest for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce and potatoes.
For the sauce...
Saute the mushrooms in the butter just until they begin to release their water. Season with the salt blend, add the sherry, continue to boil, and reduce by half. Add the cream and continue to simmer until reduced and slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft and tender. Drain and gently mash.
Heat the milk, and stock and melt the cheese in a saucepan. Mash into the potatoes. Continue to mash and whisk until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the steak with the potatoes, boiled or steamed spinach with the mushroom sauce drizzled over all.
Комментарии:
toddcalling пишет: Hi Mrs. Kitchen Witch! Long time lurker here :) I absolutely love everything you do. I'm not sure which I enjoy more, your fabulous personality, or the actual dishes! Please keep it up. Your work is most appreciated :)
Best regards,
Todd in Florida
Dee Lish пишет: I have never broiled a steak before but will surely try. I also like this method for mashed potatoes I would never have thought to add cheese. Great job Lyndsay.
Miki's Pantry пишет: Same here! ^_^ Have a nice weekend!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thanks my friend :-)
MrLePetitChef пишет: Wow this is such a good recipe! That steak looks perfectly cooked! Your recipe for mashed potatoes is almost the same as mine; too many people try to use complicated equipement like mixers or food mills when a potato masher gives the best results. I'm intrigued by the wine - perhaps living in France has spoiled me but isn't $18 awfully expensive for a good wine, or is this normal in Canada? Amitiés! LePetitChef
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Todd, that is one of the nicest comments anyone has ever left me. Thank you so much - I appreciate you kind words more than you can know! Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead. All the very best,
Lyndsay
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thanks so much. That ingredient was truffle salt - I made my own over Christmas. I'll leave a video link for how to make it but a good kosher salt is a fine substitute.
4funnybunnys пишет: Oh goodness, heavenly!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Enjoy! I just love this recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you and thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :-) Happy Monday!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you so much! I love that you enjoyed the intro and I look forward to getting to know you.
Chef Mooney пишет: This steak looks great Lindsey and perfectly cooked I love mushrooms with steak your dish looks fantastic...MK
The Root Boy Cooks ! пишет: that looks G--O--O--D!
Diana DeLaFuente пишет: This looks amazing!!! Love it!! Thanks xoxoxox
cookiemix67 пишет: Wow you and I have alot in common, I travel alot as well, eat at some wonderful restaurants and find myself cracking the flavor code to the dishes that have impressed me, its funny how my husband and daughter can tell when Im doing it cuz they will say...ok mamas doing her culinary detective work and dont you know most of the times I can duplicate it at home even improve upon the original inspiration, I love doing that its a challenge I enjoy.
Miki's Pantry пишет: I looove your cute music intro! Bewitched was my fave show growing up so now I'm glad I came across your channel! Thanks, Bewitched Chef! :]
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Let me know if you try it!
owiz9212 пишет: That looks just delicious!!!
A prime steakhouse quality meal, I'd say!!!
sonomagal1231 пишет: Hi Lindsey, This looks wonderful, trying it tomorrow! Wonderful favors you have brought together, girl. Thanks for posting. And I love Pinot Noir! Lol.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you for you kind comment - it is most appreciated! this is a weekend favourite around our place for sure :-)
Jen пишет: This looks heavenly. I'm making this for my husband's birthday.
EL Donjuan пишет: looks good can't wait to try but what was the seasoning ingredient at 2:37 the last one
James Strange пишет: I agree with you that most places here in the US do not season the steaks. Heck a bit of salt would help. This dish does look really good.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you for the lovely comment! In Canada you can get a decent wine for anywhere between $12.00 and $30.00 so I am certain you are spoiled living in France :-) I am always envious when I cross the border and can find excellent wines for 6 and 8 dollars! I find Australian, Spanish, and Chilean wines here seem to go at decent prices. Thanks again, your comment means a lot to me.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: This is one of my favorite recipes for a truly decadent meal :-) I love to make this on Friday nights after a tough week, have some friends over, open a bottle of wine... Perfect! Hmmm... it's Saturday, I could go for a little decadence ;)
toddcalling пишет: Hi Mrs. Kitchen Witch! Long time lurker here :) I absolutely love everything you do. I'm not sure which I enjoy more, your fabulous personality, or the actual dishes! Please keep it up. Your work is most appreciated :)
Best regards,
Todd in Florida
Dee Lish пишет: I have never broiled a steak before but will surely try. I also like this method for mashed potatoes I would never have thought to add cheese. Great job Lyndsay.
Miki's Pantry пишет: Same here! ^_^ Have a nice weekend!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thanks my friend :-)
MrLePetitChef пишет: Wow this is such a good recipe! That steak looks perfectly cooked! Your recipe for mashed potatoes is almost the same as mine; too many people try to use complicated equipement like mixers or food mills when a potato masher gives the best results. I'm intrigued by the wine - perhaps living in France has spoiled me but isn't $18 awfully expensive for a good wine, or is this normal in Canada? Amitiés! LePetitChef
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Todd, that is one of the nicest comments anyone has ever left me. Thank you so much - I appreciate you kind words more than you can know! Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead. All the very best,
Lyndsay
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thanks so much. That ingredient was truffle salt - I made my own over Christmas. I'll leave a video link for how to make it but a good kosher salt is a fine substitute.
4funnybunnys пишет: Oh goodness, heavenly!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Enjoy! I just love this recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you and thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :-) Happy Monday!
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you so much! I love that you enjoyed the intro and I look forward to getting to know you.
Chef Mooney пишет: This steak looks great Lindsey and perfectly cooked I love mushrooms with steak your dish looks fantastic...MK
The Root Boy Cooks ! пишет: that looks G--O--O--D!
Diana DeLaFuente пишет: This looks amazing!!! Love it!! Thanks xoxoxox
cookiemix67 пишет: Wow you and I have alot in common, I travel alot as well, eat at some wonderful restaurants and find myself cracking the flavor code to the dishes that have impressed me, its funny how my husband and daughter can tell when Im doing it cuz they will say...ok mamas doing her culinary detective work and dont you know most of the times I can duplicate it at home even improve upon the original inspiration, I love doing that its a challenge I enjoy.
Miki's Pantry пишет: I looove your cute music intro! Bewitched was my fave show growing up so now I'm glad I came across your channel! Thanks, Bewitched Chef! :]
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Let me know if you try it!
owiz9212 пишет: That looks just delicious!!!
A prime steakhouse quality meal, I'd say!!!
sonomagal1231 пишет: Hi Lindsey, This looks wonderful, trying it tomorrow! Wonderful favors you have brought together, girl. Thanks for posting. And I love Pinot Noir! Lol.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you for you kind comment - it is most appreciated! this is a weekend favourite around our place for sure :-)
Jen пишет: This looks heavenly. I'm making this for my husband's birthday.
EL Donjuan пишет: looks good can't wait to try but what was the seasoning ingredient at 2:37 the last one
James Strange пишет: I agree with you that most places here in the US do not season the steaks. Heck a bit of salt would help. This dish does look really good.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: Thank you for the lovely comment! In Canada you can get a decent wine for anywhere between $12.00 and $30.00 so I am certain you are spoiled living in France :-) I am always envious when I cross the border and can find excellent wines for 6 and 8 dollars! I find Australian, Spanish, and Chilean wines here seem to go at decent prices. Thanks again, your comment means a lot to me.
Lyndsay Wells пишет: This is one of my favorite recipes for a truly decadent meal :-) I love to make this on Friday nights after a tough week, have some friends over, open a bottle of wine... Perfect! Hmmm... it's Saturday, I could go for a little decadence ;)
You'll Need:
4 strip steaks
Brown steaks, two at a time, in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, for about 3 minutes per side. Set the steaks aside and keep warm. Prepare Mushroom Gravy.
Mushroom Gravy
1 cup beef stock
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
Procedures : Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen steak drippings. Add the beef stock, soup and mushrooms to the skillet and stir. Reduce to medium-low heat. Add the four steaks back into the skillet, cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Uncover and cook until mushroom gravy has reduced by 1/3 and thickened.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий