суббота, 27 сентября 2014 г.

Tamales

6 Easy Steps to Little Grandma's Tamales Mexican Cooking Class








Описание:

Chef Virginia Lopez shows you how to make tamales in 6 steps.
Комментарии:

s:updates:youtube:UCytuXmdCikkEhEkKjem6QBA:qSyW6JwwDYw:orphan",[]
,[]
,"http://youtu.be/qSyW6JwwDYw",,[]
,"102072448859851341293",[]
,"",,"Can u put the ingredients in your info section?
пишет: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyW6JwwDYw&google_comment_id=z13rvlgrhqyohvon322oxh1arl3izxstt

пишет: Youtube

Sarah Sorlien пишет: Just spent the morning with my mom and my friend making 5 batches of tamales. Never did before, and checked many websites and videos. this is the one we relied on. Very helpful for the novice and delicious!

maria Villa пишет: I liked several things about your video. I like the facts you gave about tamales and that you posted the ingredients and measurements. That you explained which side to put the masa on the cornhusk and an easy way to spread the masa. Lastly, I liked that you made the masa from scratch. Thanks Chef Lopez great job!

ebuff57 пишет: I watched your video several times, and disagree with you that you made it clear enough. I just wrote in my recipe to use chicken broth instead. since you were so vaige

myrocket88 пишет: Thank you very much.. I have been looking for the right video to learn from. I can stop looking now.. This is going into my Favs.

steve hartsfield пишет: Great video. How do you save the extra meat sauce, freeze it or use it. Also do you put spices in the masa for spicier tamales. I have a big square electric steamer. How would that work. Thank you for the info.
Steve Fort Worth

Joe Mac пишет: Very nice video.TY

virginia hudson пишет: I am not syndicated, but hope to start live online cooking classes.

Jeff Cram пишет: Tamales are thousands of years old and haven't evolved into a different species yet?

jose ruiz пишет: I appreciate the video! Thank you!

05121784 пишет: Very nice! I am very impressed with the white apron! I'm not that brave - yet :)

Michael Wynne пишет: I would probably enjoy a 50/50 ratio of beef and pork but I must admit, I prefer mine ground.

Teresa Garza пишет: How do you make the mass red

picalo nash пишет: My nana use to put some of the chili in the masa

gmaureen пишет: I've looked around too, but can't find any. She's very good and I would love to learn more.

Kaylee San Miguel пишет: Finally, autentico!

Camella1 пишет: Really nicely done video! Enjoyed watching it & you explain everything so well Chef Lopez! Thank you! :)

phoozchic пишет: Thank You for a most excellent demonstration!
I enjoyed the clarity of instruction, written ingredient lists and enjoyed your beautiful bowls and plates! Your tamale steamer and stand mixer are enviable--in a good way!
Much appreciated.


82Birdie пишет: Hey I like the plastic wrap idea. That's pretty cool. I'm definitely using that technique next time.


Julia Devonney пишет: I have found all the ingredients in the local stores, but I can't find a pot to do them in. Maybe I can find one on Amazon. I have a steaming pot, but it is way too small, and if I go to all the trouble to make them, I want to make a big batch,


ebuff57 пишет: You didn't specify what broth or stock you're using? Is this whats simmering the pork? Or where flavor broth/stock are you using?

jccoolwood пишет: Very god. Thank you!

Liz Gober пишет: Beautiful step by step instructions on making tamales...esp loved the tip on spreading the masa.
Thank you for posting this.

DonnaRae Riley пишет: Your video was great, and easy to follow. tanks a lot.

mightybee101 пишет: what chili's would you use for chicken tamales? and do you season them the same?

youtubesuckfornotlettingmekeepmyname пишет: this video is lame...n add more sugar.... add some more sugar..... really?. and lard? really? when don't you use the fat off the pork for fat without using lard?...... lame lame lame... "and i did use the bone for stock flavor..." hahaha, but you used lard dummy.....

virginia hudson пишет: Joe thanks for watching, sorry you found the video complicated.

virginia hudson пишет: please look up washing meat. Go to USDA site. You can NOT wash off bacteria. Killing bacteria happens when cooking to the proper temp. When you wash meats you end up cross-contaminating your kitchen that will not be heated enough to kill the bacteria. So washing meat is not recamended in the US.

youtubesuckfornotlettingmekeepmyname пишет: this is the 900 step shitty way to make tamales.....

virginia hudson пишет: that makes our work well worth it Thanks

virginia hudson пишет: thanks for the nice comment

TheBignutscracker пишет: Excellent video! Thank you so much for sharing your tradition and expertise with us. I think it's time for a tamale get together with friends and family!

s:updates:youtube:UCytuXmdCikkEhEkKjem6QBA:qSyW6JwwDYw:orphan",[]
,[]
,"http://youtu.be/qSyW6JwwDYw",,[]
,"102072448859851341293",[]
,"",,"Can u put the ingredients in your info section?
пишет: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyW6JwwDYw&google_comment_id=z13rvlgrhqyohvon322oxh1arl3izxstt

пишет: Youtube

Sarah Sorlien пишет: Just spent the morning with my mom and my friend making 5 batches of tamales. Never did before, and checked many websites and videos. this is the one we relied on. Very helpful for the novice and delicious!

maria Villa пишет: I liked several things about your video. I like the facts you gave about tamales and that you posted the ingredients and measurements. That you explained which side to put the masa on the cornhusk and an easy way to spread the masa. Lastly, I liked that you made the masa from scratch. Thanks Chef Lopez great job!

ebuff57 пишет: I watched your video several times, and disagree with you that you made it clear enough. I just wrote in my recipe to use chicken broth instead. since you were so vaige

myrocket88 пишет: Thank you very much.. I have been looking for the right video to learn from. I can stop looking now.. This is going into my Favs.

steve hartsfield пишет: Great video. How do you save the extra meat sauce, freeze it or use it. Also do you put spices in the masa for spicier tamales. I have a big square electric steamer. How would that work. Thank you for the info.
Steve Fort Worth

Joe Mac пишет: Very nice video.TY

virginia hudson пишет: I am not syndicated, but hope to start live online cooking classes.

Jeff Cram пишет: Tamales are thousands of years old and haven't evolved into a different species yet?

jose ruiz пишет: I appreciate the video! Thank you!

05121784 пишет: Very nice! I am very impressed with the white apron! I'm not that brave - yet :)

Michael Wynne пишет: I would probably enjoy a 50/50 ratio of beef and pork but I must admit, I prefer mine ground.

Teresa Garza пишет: How do you make the mass red

picalo nash пишет: My nana use to put some of the chili in the masa

gmaureen пишет: I've looked around too, but can't find any. She's very good and I would love to learn more.

Kaylee San Miguel пишет: Finally, autentico!

Camella1 пишет: Really nicely done video! Enjoyed watching it & you explain everything so well Chef Lopez! Thank you! :)

phoozchic пишет: Thank You for a most excellent demonstration!
I enjoyed the clarity of instruction, written ingredient lists and enjoyed your beautiful bowls and plates! Your tamale steamer and stand mixer are enviable--in a good way!
Much appreciated.


82Birdie пишет: Hey I like the plastic wrap idea. That's pretty cool. I'm definitely using that technique next time.


Julia Devonney пишет: I have found all the ingredients in the local stores, but I can't find a pot to do them in. Maybe I can find one on Amazon. I have a steaming pot, but it is way too small, and if I go to all the trouble to make them, I want to make a big batch,


ebuff57 пишет: You didn't specify what broth or stock you're using? Is this whats simmering the pork? Or where flavor broth/stock are you using?

jccoolwood пишет: Very god. Thank you!

Liz Gober пишет: Beautiful step by step instructions on making tamales...esp loved the tip on spreading the masa.
Thank you for posting this.

DonnaRae Riley пишет: Your video was great, and easy to follow. tanks a lot.

mightybee101 пишет: what chili's would you use for chicken tamales? and do you season them the same?

youtubesuckfornotlettingmekeepmyname пишет: this video is lame...n add more sugar.... add some more sugar..... really?. and lard? really? when don't you use the fat off the pork for fat without using lard?...... lame lame lame... "and i did use the bone for stock flavor..." hahaha, but you used lard dummy.....

virginia hudson пишет: Joe thanks for watching, sorry you found the video complicated.

virginia hudson пишет: please look up washing meat. Go to USDA site. You can NOT wash off bacteria. Killing bacteria happens when cooking to the proper temp. When you wash meats you end up cross-contaminating your kitchen that will not be heated enough to kill the bacteria. So washing meat is not recamended in the US.

youtubesuckfornotlettingmekeepmyname пишет: this is the 900 step shitty way to make tamales.....

virginia hudson пишет: that makes our work well worth it Thanks

virginia hudson пишет: thanks for the nice comment

TheBignutscracker пишет: Excellent video! Thank you so much for sharing your tradition and expertise with us. I think it's time for a tamale get together with friends and family!
You'll Need:

1 package dried corn husks

4 cups masa harina
4 cups lukewarm water
4 teaspoons Wyler's granulated chicken boullion
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups lard or vegetable shortening

2 ounces ancho chile, dried
2 ounces pasilla chile, dried
2 ounces guajilla chile, dried
2 ounces New Mexican red chile, dried

1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder or beef shoulder roast
1/2 large onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
2 teaspoons salt
10 peppercorns
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 tablespoons ground chile seasoning
4 tablespoons lard or vegetable shortening

Procedures : The dried husks are brittle and must be soaked in water to soften
them before they can be rolled into tamales. In the package, the
husks for a whole ear of corn are usually pressed together. Separate the individual husks being careful not to break them, since they are fragile when dry.

Place the separated husks in a large pot and cover with hot water.
Leave them to soak for about one hour. You can put a plate with a
heavy object on it on top of the tamales to keep them submerged.
When soft, rinse the husks well and put back into a pot of clean
water.

Toast the dried chiles on a hot cast-iron griddle for a few minutes
on each side. Be careful not to burn the chiles or they will have
a bitter taste. As the chiles toast, they will become soft and
pliable and may puff up. Put aside to cool. The chiles will become
very crisp and brittle when cooled.

When cool, remove the seeds and stems and crumble into small pieces. Put the pieces into a coffee mill or spice grinder and grind into a fine powder. Store the ground chile mix in a jar to use for
seasoning other Mexican dishes.

You can use a variety of meats for making tamales. I use either
beef or chicken, but pork is traditional. I also use vegetable
shortening, although again, lard is traditionally used in Mexico.
Cut the meat into 1" to 2" chunks. Heat the lard or shortening in
a heavy bottomed pot and brown the meat. When brown, add enough
water to cover the meat and add the onions and garlic. Simmer until
the meat is fork tender and flakes apart. For beef shoulder roast
this will take about 2 - 3 hours.

While the meat is cooking, toast the cumin seeds on a cast iron
griddle and then grind into a fine powder using a coffee mill or
spice grinder and set aside.

When the meat is cooked tender, set aside to cool. Separate the
meat chunks from the broth, reserving the broth. Shred the meat
into small strands.

Heat 2 tablespoons of lard or shortening in a heavy pan, preferably
cast iron. Add the chile seasoning and cumin and stir for a few
seconds. Add the meat and fry for two or three minutes. Add the
reserved broth and simmer until the liquid level is reduced. The
mixture should be soupy. Set aside to cool while you make the masa.

Combine masa, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Dissolve the boullion in the lukewarm water to make a broth. Mix the broth into the masa a little at a time, working with your fingers to make a moist dough.

In a small bowl, beat lard or shortening until fluffy, add to masa
and beat until masa has a spongy texture.

Remove a soaked corn husk from the water and shake to remove excess water. Start with the largest husks because they will be easier to roll. If you end up with a lot of small husks, you can lay two together, overlapping about 1/2" but this is a little trickier and
may take some practice. Lay the husk flat on a plate and spread
about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons (depending on the size of the husk)
of masa in the center. Don't use too much! The easiest way to spread the masa is to spoon it onto the husk and spread it with your fingers. If the masa is sticky, wet your hands.

Add about 1 tablespoon of meat filling on top of the masa. Again,
don't use too much

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий